I want to skip Thanksgiving for a post and talk about how time flies. Five years ago tonight , I very, very HUGE went in the hospital to have my precious baby boy. I was so clueless!! I went in the night before to "prepare" to be induced the next morning, the 10th of December. I remember that I wanted a Dr. Pepper so bad with my Subway sandwich. I had one and was scolded by all the nurses because that sugar and caffeine made Colton go nuts (should of known then that my child would be full of energy:)) The nurses had to keep coming in because he was moving so much they couldn't keep him on the monitor. The next morning seems like a blur, oh maybe because it was. The nurse turned the medication on and within minutes it was unbearable pain. Everyone thought that I was just a "baby" who couldn't take the pain. I remember Matthew saying that " you better get used to this cause it is going to take all day" Uh yeah, I kindly told him to leave the room. The nurses and Matthew soon realized that I was alot tougher than they had thought because I had dialated from a 1 to a 9 in about an hour with NO pain medication. I think the nurses felt really bad so they went ahead and gave me an epidural to hold me over until the doctor could get there. She barely made it. Colton Andrew Cogburn blessed this world at 12:00 noon on December 10th weighing in at 8 pounds even and 19 3/4 inches. Love at first sight! Here are a few pictures of that day.
It couldn't be five years ago! It feels just like yesterday. In honor of my sweet baby's fifth birthday I want to tell you my favorite (of course there is alot more) but my top 5 reasons why Colton is my "favorite little boy in the world"
1. At five years oldI have never seen a boy with a more kind and compassionate heart. He cares so much about people. He wants to be a super hero ( or fireman) when he grows up so that he can save people. He tells me everyday as I walk out the door to be careful. He doesn't have a mean bone in his body. Rowdy yes, but intentionally mean to someone no.
2. He is very sensitive. He doesn't like to see anyone upset period. He really doesn't want anyone to be upset with him.
3. He never meets a stranger! He has no fear of people. He will talk to anyone. He makes friends so easily. He will talk and play with everyone. He thinks everyone that he meets loves him and wants to hear what he has to say.Really once he starts talking everyone does love him. He has the gift of the gab. I have heard for years that he would be a preacher or a politician. I guess we will have to wait and see.
4. Boy has more energy than any one person I have ever known. Everything he does, he does it at 110 percent. The more tired he gets the more hyper he is. When he finally crashs he crashes hard. He sleeps at 11o percent too. Don't even think about waking him or you will hear his wrath ! Trust me let him sleep as long as he needs to:)
5. This is probably the one thing that Colton could teach alot of people. He loves life! He loves to go and do things, he is happy at home. He really is a happy guy and enjoys whatever he is doing at the moment. Everywhere he goes he makes people smile. You wont find him complaining about too much. He is pretty up for most everything except the shots. He is not a fan of getting shots. If we all had that attitude and love for life, the world would be a lot better place.
Colton, you have brought more to me than you will ever imagine. You have made me love more than I ever thought I could. I worry, think, and pray for you daily. I am so proud of the little person you have become. I am so thankful that I was blessed to become your mommy on Decemeber 10, 2003. Over the five years, you have brought so much happiness in my life. I will forever love you, Colton. Happy Birthday Baby Boy!!